- Homebrew Wind Power Hands-On Workshop: North Carolina, March 2017
- Upcoming Classes
- Firefighter PV Safety
- IREC, IAFF launch online firefighter PV safety training course
- Off-Grid Power Systems for Remote Locations
- Three New Renewable Energy Classes Scheduled for NABCEP CEUs
- Wind Power Reality - An Introduction to Small Wind Power
- Wind Turbine Design and Construction -- Homebrew Wind Power
- Wind Turbine Towers and Installation
- Water Pumping with Renewable Energy
- Past Renewable Energy Seminars
- Homebrew Wind Power Blog
- Buckville Publications Books
IREC, IAFF launch online firefighter PV safety training course
After over a year in development, the Interstate Renewable Energy Council has released its Online Firefighter PV Safety Training Course, thanks to a grant from the US Department of Energy Sunshot Initiative and extensive collaboration with the International Association of Firefighters.
Firefighters have long been wary of PV installations, and with good reason--parts of any PV system remain live anytime the sun is shining, even when disconnects have been opened, and can present hazards to firefighters, especially during emergency rooftop operations.
The training course combines essential lessons on electricity and PV system components, system identification, and response guidelines through videos, photos, 3-D interactive simulations and learning assessments. The course is free, just set up a user login.
Buckville Energy Executive Director Dan Fink was a Subject Matter Expert for this project, and developed the Energy Storage Systems module.